21st Century Visionary is the go-to podcast for young entrepreneurs, leaders, and changemakers aiming to create the future.
Hi, I am Sanat Singhal, an entrepreneur, journalist and high school senior in Silicon Valley. I created this platform to create a community of young visionaries who can empower and support each other in shaping the future.
Ep. 35 Wharton Prof. David Erickson on IPO's, SPAC's, Breaking into VC, and Capitalizing on Disruption – 21st Century Visionary
Today's Episode features Wharton Finance Professor David Erickson. David is currently a Senior Fellow and Lecturer in the Finance Department and Co-Director of the Stevens Center for Innovation in Finance at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. David is also a Lecturer in Law at Penn Law/University of Pennsylvania Law School. In addition to his responsibilities at Wharton, David acts as a consultant to both private and public companies on capital markets, corporate governance, and exploring strategic alternatives. He was also an operating partner at Bessemer Venture Partners, one of the leading global venture capital firms, and an advisory board member of Accompany, a relationship intelligence technology company (acquired by Cisco Systems, May 2018). In this conversation, we talked about his early interest in finance, the dot com bubble, working with tech luminaries like Steve Jobs on taking their companies public, common mistakes companies make when looking for funding, SPAC's, key traits for success in Investing banking, and private equity, being an effective communicator, the importance of gaining operating experience for investors, opportunities to service traditional companies whose business model has been disrupted, Fintech, China and more!
- Ep. 35 Wharton Prof. David Erickson on IPO's, SPAC's, Breaking into VC, and Capitalizing on Disruption
- Ep. 34 Summit Co-Founder Ryan Begelman on "Holistic Entrepreneurship", Education and Gap Years, Bootstrapping and Unique Gen-Z Business Opportunities
- Ep. 33 Justin Nguyen on Podcasting, Content Creation, and Career
- Ep. 32 Sydney Von Arx on Teaching Coding, Thinking Globally, and Stanford Effective Altruism
- Ep. 31 Monica Chen on Dropping out of High School, the Value of Exploration, Factory Farming, and Affecting Social Change
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.