21st Century Visionary is the go-to podcast for young entrepreneurs, leaders, and changemakers aiming to create the future.
Hi, I am Sanat Singhal, an entrepreneur, journalist and high school senior in Silicon Valley. I created this platform to create a community of young visionaries who can empower and support each other in shaping the future.
Ep. 15 Aradhita Parasrampuria on using bacteria to create sustainable dyes, self-learning microbiology as a fashion student and the future of sustainable fashion – 21st Century Visionary
Today’s episode features sustainable fashion visionary Aradhita Parasampuria. As a researcher at Genspace Z, the world’s first community biotechnology lab, Aradhita created genetically modified competent Escherichia coli to stain fabric as a replacement to synthetic dyes. The genetically modified colorfast bacterial dyes that she created use up to 431 times less water than synthetic dyes. This was also the topic of her senior thesis at Parson School of Design, from which she graduated with honors this spring. Finally, she happens to be my cousin’s sister! It was fascinating to dive deep into her story, how she got the idea for creating bacterial dyes, the process of developing them without any scientific background, networking, sustainable fashion, and much more!
- Ep. 15 Aradhita Parasrampuria on using bacteria to create sustainable dyes, self-learning microbiology as a fashion student and the future of sustainable fashion
- Ep 14. Audrey Pe on Starting Witech at age 15, Public Speaking as an Introvert, and Making your own Opportunities
- Visionary College Series: Inside Babson College ranked the #1 entrepreneurship university, ft Sumukh Setty and Jason Shatsky
- Ep. 12 Live Episode! Roger Spitz on Future-Proofing our Education, Careers and Businesses in the 21st Century
- Ep. 11 Yashvardhan Sharma on overcoming a speech impediment, life-changing advice from an ancient philosopher, and favorite books
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.