21st Century Visionary is the go-to podcast for young entrepreneurs, leaders, and changemakers aiming to create the future.
Hi, I am Sanat Singhal, an entrepreneur, journalist and high school senior in Silicon Valley. I created this platform to create a community of young visionaries who can empower and support each other in shaping the future.
Author Proby Shandilya breaks down the lessons startups can learn from successful sports teams – 21st Century Visionary
Today's guest is the insightful Proby Shandilya. Proby is an incoming undergraduate student at New York University studying sports management and he has authored two books on basketball front-office strategy, analyzing the factors, decisions, and management strategies that drive success for NBA teams. He has also done sports analytics research on player valuation and worked with the Houston Rockets on projects in their business strategy department. In this episode, we talk about the value of writing to crystallize thinking, why athletes and employees performance is based on their team, the importance of having conviction in your innovation, The story of the Phoenix Suns and the 3 point shot, the Missionary vs Mercenary distinction, being intentional about company culture, Nadella's revival of Microsoft, Proby's experience working with the Houston Rockets, his intense writing process, note-taking systems, mental models, and more!
- Author Proby Shandilya breaks down the lessons startups can learn from successful sports teams
- Biotech Entrepreneur Anthony Mooz on breaking into tech, being interdisciplinary, and eradicating neurological diseases
- Ep. 39 NYU Stern Prof. Cynthia Franklin on key traits of successful entrepreneurs, the real secret to attracting investors, and the importance of foundational knowledge
- Ep. 38 Skip the Traditional Path and Get Ahead with Investor/Author Zak Slayback
- Ep. 37 Podcaster Adam Ashton on Growing his podcast to 2 million podcast downloads, Life-changing Business book/lessons, and his "Swiss Cheese" writing process
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.