21st Century Visionary is the go-to podcast for young entrepreneurs, leaders, and changemakers aiming to create the future.
Hi, I am Sanat Singhal, an entrepreneur, journalist and high school senior in Silicon Valley. I created this platform to create a community of young visionaries who can empower and support each other in shaping the future.
Ep. 39 NYU Stern Prof. Cynthia Franklin on key traits of successful entrepreneurs, the real secret to attracting investors, and the importance of foundational knowledge – 21st Century Visionary
Today's episode features NYU Professor Cynthia Franklin. Cynthia is the director of entrepreneurship for the Leonard N. Stern School's W. R. Berkley Innovation Labs at New York University. At the Berkley Innovation Lab, she serves hundreds of students, alums, and other aspiring entrepreneurs through venture competitions (which awards more than $200,000 in cash and services), venture mentor network, conferences, speaker series, and technical assistance programs. Prior to joining the Berkley Innovation Lab, Cynthia was executive vice president of KIP Communications, b-to-b marketing, and media company she cofounded. For her work with startups and small businesses and promoting entrepreneurship and economic development in urban communities, Cynthia has received numerous honors and awards including from the U.S. Small Business Administration, the U.S. Department of Commerce, the NYC Mayor's Office, and many others. In this episode, we talk about traits of successful entrepreneurs, why Cynthia deemphasizes seeking funding early, when and how to raise capital, whether you should work in your industry before starting a company, the future of media, the unique value of formal education, her top book recommendations, podcasts and more!
- Ep. 39 NYU Stern Prof. Cynthia Franklin on key traits of successful entrepreneurs, the real secret to attracting investors, and the importance of foundational knowledge
- Ep. 38 Skip the Traditional Path and Get Ahead with Investor/Author Zak Slayback
- Ep. 37 Podcaster Adam Ashton on Growing his podcast to 2 million podcast downloads, Life-changing Business book/lessons, and his "Swiss Cheese" writing process
- Ep. 36 Billionaire Investor Tim Draper on Why he predicts Bitcoin will reach 250K, How he chooses Investments, and Adapting to Globalization
- Ep. 35 Wharton Prof. David Erickson on IPO's, SPAC's, Breaking into VC, and Capitalizing on Disruption
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.