Listen to the inspiring stories of young visionaries
Ep. 31 Monica Chen on Dropping out of High School, the Value of Exploration, Factory Farming, and Affecting Social Change – 21st Century Visionary
Today's episode features my conversation with the free-spirited changemaker Monica Chen. Monica is the Executive Director of the Factory Farming Awareness Coalition, a non-profit dedicated to educating people about the impacts of their food choices as they relate to public health, social justice, and the environment. Previously she worked for Nature Bridge as an Environmental Science Educator and taught at Teach for America. She also volunteers as a Course Instructor for the Prison University Project. She holds a Bachelor’s degree from UC Berkeley in American Studies and a Masters's Degree from the University of New Mexico in Education. In this conversation, we talked about her experience dropping out of high school to “create her own school”, rethinking education, the value of exploration, self-designing her major at UC Berkeley, lessons from working as an educator, defining your values, leading a non-profit, the effects of factory farming, her theory of change, and much more!
- Ep. 31 Monica Chen on Dropping out of High School, the Value of Exploration, Factory Farming, and Affecting Social Change
- Ep. 30 Vivian Tan on Leading vs. Managing, Preparing for 4 TEDx talks, and Building a Powerful Personal Brand
- Ep. 29 Phiona Mutesi "The Queen of Katwe" on growing up in Uganda's poorest slums, becoming a chess champion and subject of a Disney film, and empowering African souls
- Ep. 28 Sid Sridhar on building thick skin, teaching impact investing at Berkeley, NFTS and launching his own token, and being yourself
- Live Event! Ep. 27 Building Your Moonshot for Gen Z with Self-Made Billionaire Naveen Jain
Sign up to receive exclusive podcast recordings and transcripts
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.